Would I really be a sports fan if I didn’t create one of these? I’m also an avid list maker (seriously – I love lists almost more than sport) so this is just good sense. I know that I might not be able to do all of these, but if I did… how awesome would that year be?!
- See GWS play in Canberra (13 & 27 April, 16 July) – It’s going to be amazingly cold but that’s fine. All the more reason to buy a cute GWS beanie and splurge on overpriced coffee.
- Go to the AFL Grand Final (28 Sept) – This is a long shot, but c’mon. How much fun would that be? Even better if my Swans made it again this year… almost as good if the boyfriend’s Kangaroos made it. Still amazing no matter who is in it.
- Have an epic Super Bowl party (4 Feb) – Or at least go to a great one. They don’t show the commercials in Australia, but still. Half the fun is the snacks and mid-day beers with amigos.
- See a cricket match, live – Just one of those things I feel like I have to do. Matches take a million years (it feels that way) but maybe it’s one of those things that gets more amazing if you’re actually there? I’m hoping…
- And a rugby game, also live – I just like rugby and I’ve never been to a game. It’s time. Maybe the Wallabies? Or State of Origin? Anyone have any suggestions?
- Run(/walk/crawl) in City2Surf (11 Aug) – I hate running. HATE HATE HATE (there isn’t a word strong enough) but I also feel like it’s a mental battle and I need to overcome it. I’ve always wanted to run a marathon but my knees are… not well, to say the least. I feel like this would be great to do and a good substitute for a marathon.
- Go to Bathurst (10-13 October) – I like cars. And there are new competitors this year! How pumped are you?
- Stay up and watch all of the Tour de France (29 June – 21 July) – I’m not a fan of biking… but it’s the first Tour de France since this Lance Armstrong fiasco so it’s a must see.
- And all F1 races (starts 17 March – boyfriend’s birthday!) – I am convinced that without AFL and F1, my relationship would fall apart at the seams. Camping out in the living room (where the TV is) to watch the grand prix is basically tradition now and will continue in 2013!
- Spend a day on Manly during the Australian Open for Surfing (11-19 Feb) – I’m from Hawaii so I know good surfing. Without a regular dose, I go a little crazy. Plus, any excuse to chill on Manly is a must.
- Land a sports job – It’ll happen. Hopefully, with the help of this blog 🙂
After making this list it is clear: I NEED TO MOVE TO MELBOURNE (oh no, then what will this blog be called?!). What’s on your sports bucket list this year? Anything event I might see you at? Any suggestions for