Where have I been???
Well, I’ll tell you. Because I’ve been somewhere good (at least, I think it’s good – I hope you agree).
I have been working on a series. A LONG series. A series on how to create a premiership team. In the interest of not keeping you waiting (I HATE waiting) I’ll give you the steps now and you can read them as you like. I plan on posting on a week but if I have to go every two weeks… so be it.
If there is one thing EVERYONE in sport cares about, it’s winning. Everyone who has ever played a sport wants to win and everyone who supports a team wants their team to win. How do you accomplish that? By creating a great team.
And I know how to do that. Here it is.
- Identify where your club is in its life-cycle
- Define and understand your club’s short, medium and long term goals and have people who rally for each
- Evaluate your team
- Prioritize your players (and let them know)
- Get your finances straight
- Find and prioritise your gaps
- Fill your gaps… little by little
Each week, I’ll go more in depth about each of these steps. Open for discussion, as per usual. And after this series, we’ll talk about how to identify talent.
Full disclaimer? This series is geared toward AFL, but can be applicable, I think, for all sports. You let me know if you think differently.
But for now, brace yo’self. I really like this series.